The Morton Arboretum, The Firefly Pavilion
The new 13,284 sf LEED Gold three-season event space is located on the East Side of the Morton Arboretum just south of the new Gerard T. Donnelly Grand Garden. Known as The Firefly Pavilion, the 8,352-sf banquet pavilion can accommodate 360 dining guests with a full dance floor. The Pavilion also includes 4,932 sf of a conditioned support wing containing pre-event space, prep kitchen, storage, restroom facilities, and mechanical room. LEARN MORE
North Aurora Fire Station No. 1
Originally constructed in 1963 to accommodate a small voluntary force responding to a couple of hundred emergencies a year protecting a community of 2500 people, the staff size and operational needs of the fire district have evolved and increased exponentially requiring several remodels and renovations to accommodate the ever-changing needs of the community and the firefighters serving out of Station No. 1. After nearly 60 years of transformation and progress, station #1 is no longer able to fit the needs of this community and the people who protect it. Now through a successful referendum, and through planning, construction is underway on the new state of the art 27,000 sf fire house that will also serve as the fire district’s headquarters and community gathering facility. LEARN MORE
Ball Horticultural Seed Distribution Facility
Ball Horticultural Company is expanding their existing Seed Distribution Facility at their West Chicago Global Headquarters in 3 Phases. Phase 1 is well underway and will consist of a new 22,000 sf precast addition to their existing building with a 2,000-sf mezzanine. Phase 2 will consist of the partial interior renovation of the existing adjacent 20,000 sf building. Then once a portion of the existing building is renovated, Phase 3 will commence with the renovation of the remaining building all while continuing to support their seed distribution operation. LEARN MORE
Schaumburg Township District Library 2nd Floor Renovation
Complete Renovation to the Second Floor of the existing library including additional and reconfigured program spaces, new architectural finishes, enhanced technology and lighting and new furniture and fixtures. LEARN MORE
Glen Ellyn Park District Johnson Center
After much consideration and multiple feasibility studies, The Glen Ellyn Park District is moving forward with the redevelopment of the Existing Frank Johnson Center located at 490 Kenilworth Avenue, Glen Ellyn Illinois.
Situated on a two acres site, the original building was constructed as an ice manufacturing facility in 1930 and had reached the end of its useful life after years of serving as the district recreation, administration, and maintenance facility prior to becoming the maintenance headquarters.
The new 14,000 sf operations facility will include administration offices, fleet maintenance, workshops, and storage as well as an exterior sheltered bulk material shortage area. LEARN MORE
DuPage County Forest Preserve District – Danada House
To sustain the pastoral image and continue its over 40 years history of one of Chicagoland’s most premier wedding venues, major renovation plans led by Allen + Pappa Architects are well underway to the Du Page County Forest Preserve District historic Danada House in Wheaton, Illinois.
Built as part of Dan and Ada Rice’s racehorse training estate in 1939, the 19-room country mansion will continue to serve as a special event facility set within the 800-acre Danada Forest Preserve upon is much needed renovation which is on schedule to begin in April 2024. LEARN MORE